January 02, 2017

WIPocalypse Introduction

Topic:  Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!
Hello, my name is Jaret and I am back for my 3rd year (I think) participating in WIPocalypse.  I am an elementary school teacher from South Louisiana.  I love cross stitching a variety of topics and themes (really, anything goes with me).  On top of cross stitching, I also quilt, scrapbook, and read.  I have many hobbies fighting for my attention which is why I only had 6 finishes last year, including 2 quilts.  Well, that and my obsession with BAPs. 

I do follow a rotation, of sorts.  I have a monthly focus piece based on Stitch Maynia's monthly SALs.  I am not on Facebook at all, but I do watch Flosstube and the Flosstubers I watch usually give me enough notice on the theme so I can plan my focus piece.  Then I have a list of WIPs that I rotate through. 

I currently have 26 WIPs, but I'm kitting up two more projects because I just finished 2 pieces!!  I maintain 28 WIPs at all times so I don't start a new piece until I finish a piece.  This sort of keeps me under control.

My goal for the year...um, stitch.  I really don't have a focus project that I am trying to complete this year.  My finish tally is never very high and I'm okay with that.  So my main goal for cross stitching is just to stitch and have fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment