March 26, 2017

March WIPocalypse Check-In


Topic: What stitch blogs, groups, or flosstubes do you follow and why?
I try to keep up with all the stitch blogs of WIPocalypse participants that post each month.  I like to see what y'all are up to even if it's not an official check-in post.  I especially love seeing your other hobbies and critters that pop up on posts.  I also learn about challenges and SALs that are going on elsewhere since I don't have a Facebook account.

Since I'm not on Facebook, I don't follow any Facebook groups.  I unofficially follow Stitch Maynia through posts WIPocalypse members make and through Flosstube videos.  But that's the most I do there.  Not looking to change this anytime soon.  For some reason, I just haven't bought into Facebook.  Sorry, not sorry.

I do follow a few Flosstube Channels.  Otherwise, I just watch what Youtube recommends to me in the way of stitching videos.  I follow MsOhSewCrafty (Stephanie), SewScrapMuse (Paula), and Fireflies and Cats in the Garden (Noni) from the WIPocalypse blogs.  I love their blog posts so I want to support their Flosstube channels as well.  I also follow The Stash Queen (Katy) and Jessie Marie Does Stuff (Jessie Marie) because their stitching styles and interests are similar to mine.  I also have similar reading tastes to Jessie so I like seeing her book updates, too.  And finally, I follow Three Owl Threads (Trisha) because she just cracks me up.  If I'm missing any other WIPocalypse members who have Flosstube channels, please let me know.  I try to keep up, but I'm definitely not successful at that. 

 This month I am stitching on Narrowboat by Carol Thornton, Around the World in 80 Stitches by Papillon Creations, Dickens' Mittens by Cricket Collection, Madonna and Child by Kooler Design Studios, Chinese Dragon by Lesley Teare, and Christmas Tree Sampler by Victoria Sampler.  I am also posting my progress on the Fabulous Women in History SAL by Cloudsfactory. 
Christmas Tree Sampler

Narrowboat

Around the World close up

Around the World full view

Dickens' Mittens (Fezziwig)

Madonna and Child
Chinese Dragon
Fabulous Women in History







No comments:

Post a Comment