February 26, 2017

February WIPocalypse Check-In

Topic: What is your favorite stitch other than the standard cross stitch?
You would think because I'm doing the Around the World in 80 Stitches piece by Papillon creations, I'd have a really good answer for this question.  I mean, by the end of the project, I'll have learned over 80 new embroidery stitches.  But, nope.  No good answer here.  The new stitches have been fun to learn, but I'm not running off to add them to my projects.  Nor am I looking to try them again. 

I guess if I have to pick a stitch, it would be the backstitch.  I know lots of people don't enjoy backstitching, but I really do.  I love how it adds to the design and really makes the picture take shape.  I really feel like I'm making progress on a piece when I add backstitching to it.  Yup, I'm a nut.  I own it.

 This month I am stitching on Around the World in 80 Stitches by Papillon Creations, Fabulous Women in History 2017 SAL by Cloudsfactory,  Too Much Honey by Bucilla, Madonna and Child by Kooler Design Studios, Chinese Dragon by Lesley Teare, Christmas Tree Sampler by Victoria Sampler, Dickens' Mittens by Cricket Collection, and Narrowboat by Carol Thornton.

Narrowboat
Christmas Tree Sampler

Dickens' Mittens


Chinese Dragon

Madonna and Child

Around the World in 80 Stitches

Fabulous Women in History

Too Much Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment