March 15, 2011

Tuesday Night

I went to Tuesday Night Stitching Club.  I did absolutely no stitching!  I visited and shopped instead.  Nikki was there with Makayla.  Kate was "babysitting" when I got there, but had to go home to feed her husband.  So being a good friend, I "babysat" Makayla so Nikki could talk.  Ha ha.  It was such torture.  Eventually I did get the fabric for Bethie's baby announcements and Nikki helped me choose fabric for Makayla's announcement.  They're all going to be pretty.

Sue Birdsong came to stitching tonight.  It's been almost a year since I've seen her.  She's another retired teacher, but she's been busy taking care of her mother and driving to Florida to see grandbabies.  It was great to talk to her again.  We spent a lot of time discussing our favorite children's books.  Even though 10 years separates our teaching careers, we still love the same books.  It's amazing how some classics never change.

I also bought a new pattern.  It's way perfect for gifted.  It's called "What in the World?" by Funk and Weber Designs.  Each hexagon has a close-up view of something from nature.  Wonder when I'll actually get it stitched...

No comments:

Post a Comment